Thursday, October 4, 2012

PHEW!

A lot has happened since the last time I wrote, I made a Halloween wreath, we went to the circus, Romi broke her glasses, and we lost a beloved family pet. I think I will blog about our dog in another post.


Let's start with the wreath I made, I don't want to get into much detail, seeing that we have a lot to talk about. First, Jake and I went to the store and bought our materials. Since this was the first one I did, I wanted to do it on a small scale. (bad idea, should have gone bigger) Then we grabbed some sparkly spiders to "spook" things up! 

Mapping it out to see what it will look like

The sign I painted to put in the center

finished product! I even painted the spider to look like a black widow!

Now I get very competitive, now my neighbors are starting to put up there Halloween decorations, and I can not let them out-do me! lol I have to find more things for me to put up! lol I am still looking!

The circus was a HUGE hit with the kids. We saw clowns, which freaked them out! lol Tigers, elephants, horses, dancing ladies, and POODLES!! <3
Me and Romi

Me and Jake

Riding the horses, yes I know they aren't the best pictures, but hey, I was alone and walking! lol

Romi was the only one that let them paint her face! she picked to be a cat!

After a bag of popcorn, 2 cotton candy bags, 2 horse rides, 1 painted face, and 2 light up swords, we were finally able to leave the circus! Needless to say, the babies were very tired when we got home, they were out within 5 minutes! YAY!! I can't hang like the old days, staying up late and eating candy, not for me! lol stomach ache from hell!!

Let's see, what's next, oh yeah, Romi had broken her glasses yesterday. YES, took them off of her face and broke them. I was not a happy mommy after I had heard what she had done! Of course she kept telling her teacher that her "daddy, can fix them." Which he can't, 1) because he is in Oklahoma for work and 2) they were completely twisted and not fixable. Not only would our Optometrist not take out insurance from Stephen's work, but Romi and I had to drive to Abilene to go to Lens Crafter's . The kind people at Lens Crafter's were so happy to help us out, picking the right frames! We decided to go with the glasses that twist and won't break that easily! phew! Huge weight off my shoulders! While we were waiting for her glasses to be ready, we ate at one of the best places in the mall! DANTE'S!!

Romi kept going "mmm, this is sooo good mommy"
The rolls were her favorite!

We got her glasses and headed back home! I also completely forgot to take a picture of her with her new glasses. :(

Lastly at Romi's school this morning we had Dad's Breakfast Day, Stephen couldn't make it, but Pa-Pa did. Pa-Pa had missed grandparents lunch, because he drives and 18 wheeler and is gone a lot, so he was really excited to get to go. Romi was so happy to show him around the room and show him what she does. She told him about her class job this week, she gets to hold the flag in the morning for the pledges. She didn't want us to leave after breakfast was over, but her teachers calmed her down and everything was all good! 

Pa-Pa and Romi

I also received this picture of Romi's class with the High School Cheerleaders!




Well now, this was a long post, sorry about that! :) I hope that you all have a wonderful day!! 

2 comments:

  1. Love the picture of her at Dante's! She takes after her Aunt Leah for sure :) Romi looks so much older than everyone else in her class!!! :( I can't believe she's in "school" already. Uncle Will says he sorry he missed her lunch, he was stuck on a jobsite on the other side of Odessa :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Romi is the only 4 year old in her class! :( And tell Uncle Will that it is ok! He will just have to make it up to her later on. Her words not mine! ;) She was not wanting to eat Dante's at first until I told her that it was Aunt Leah's favorite place to eat! lol

    ReplyDelete