Sunday, September 23, 2012

Emmys and Wind chimes

As I am here writing this blog, I am watching the Emmys. Yes, I absolutely LOVE the Emmys! Granted I am   about an hour and a half behind real time, because of my oh so lovely children, I am still enjoying them. This weekend went by WAY to fast. Now its back to the hustle and bustle of the work week...pshh who am I kidding, I get up and take Romi to school and come back and clean and watch daytime television! haha 
Today, the kids and I went to Wal-mart to waste time. Well, if you know me I can easily blow $50+ in a heart beat at Wal-mart, or any other store for that matter. Kept it under $50 today. WHOO!

SUCCESS!!!

The kids had been begging to make a mess. So I decided to let them, creatively of course. We got a wooden wind chime that you paint yourself ($10), and some small clay plant pots ($1 each)

The wind chime

Babies painting

After 1 cup of water knocked down, 2 paint covered children, 5 paint cups mixed the wind chimes were almost finished, we get to paint the other side tomorrow after Romi gets out of school and before she has ballet/tap class. So I will then upload our finished project then. 

Now, my real problem is "How in the H#%% am I going to get rid of these dang houseplant gnats?" I am going to be trying to get rid of them, I've read about coffee grounds, soapy water, sand, and apple cider vinegar. I hate these little bugs and I will win this battle. So tomorrow I am going to have to take, yet another trip to Wal-mart to get some more potting soil and re-pot! *sigh* But if it works, will be so worth it. Going to see if I can find some decorative rocks or something to put on the top soil. Maybe that will help keep those ugly things out! Ick!

I hope everyone's Monday is a good one, Mine is going to be quite a busy one. Have a great one!
Till next time.





1 comment:

  1. You and those damn plants, get over it! :) Love the wind chime idea, please let the kiddos know that Uncle Wheel would like one, preferrably loud, for his new patio.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete